Below is a summary of rules you need to follow if you want to have an account on this server of Mastodon:
You must be 18 or older to be in this server
The primary use of this server is for sharing original artworks
Sexually explicit media must be appropriately marked as sensitive
Why choose artalley.social?
- Adult art is welcome here
- You must be 18+ to sign-up
- Code of conduct and moderation against harrassment
- Regularly updated Mastodon server
Code of Conduct
The following guidelines are not a legal document, and final interpretation is up to the administration of artalley.social; they are here to provide you with an insight into our content moderation policies:
You must be 18 or older to be in this server. If you are not, please come back when you are of age.
- The primary use of this server is for sharing original artworks, such as for artists to upload their own works, or for commissioners to upload works they've commissioned from another artist. Of course, non-art content is also allowed (e.g. running a general purpose personal account), but using Art Alley for uncredited reposts of other people's art, and dumps of pornographic images, videos, and artworks is discouraged and may result in revocation of service.
The following types of content are explicitly disallowed and will result in revocation of service:
- Content or conduct that violates any local, state, federal, national or international law, or that encourages or incites illegal activity.
- Content that encourages or incites violence.
- Content or conduct that disparages another user’s racial, religious, gender, or sexual identity, or mental or physical disability or condition; or that disparages these identities or conditions generally.
- Content that promotes the ideology of, or attempts to recruit for, groups that promote discrimination against racial, religious, gender, or sexual identity, or mental or physical disability or condition.
- Content that displays or conveys personal or confidential information about an individual, including but not limited to “doxxing,” where such information is not part of the public record.
- Sexually suggestive or explicit content (including commentary) concerning real minors.
Sexually explicit artwork that features
This section applies to visual content such as illustrations, drawings, paintings, comics, digitally-generated images, and related visual content that appears to (1) show a minor engaged in sexual conduct or (2) show a minor with exposed genitalia in a way that is intended to sexualize them.
- fictional characters who appear pre-pubescent; or
- fictional characters who otherwise can be definitively and reasonably identified as minors
- Content that is involuntary pornography, including but not limited to “revenge porn.”
- Content that infringes any copyright, trademark, or other intellectual property or proprietary information of another.
- Content or conduct that misleadingly or deceptively impersonates another.
- Content that is spam.
Sexually explicit media must be appropriately marked as sensitive through Mastodon's sensitive media system, and the sexually explicit nature of the media must be communicated either through the main body of the post or the content warning. Since profile pictures and headers do not have a warning system, no sexually explicit content is allowed in those.
Any conduct intended to stalk or harass other users, or to impede other users from utilizing the service, or to degrade the performance of the service, or to harass other users, or to incite other users to perform any of the aforementioned actions, is also disallowed, and subject to punishment up to and including revocation of access to the service. This includes, but is not limited to, the following behaviors:
- Continuing to engage in conversation with a user that has specifically has requested for said engagement with that user to cease and desist may be considered harassment, regardless of platform-specific privacy tools employed.
- Inciting users to engage another user in continued interaction or discussion after a user has requested for said engagement with that user to cease and desist (informally called brigading or dogpiling) may be considered harassment.
These provisions notwithstanding, the administration of the service reserves the right to revoke any user's access permissions, at any time, for any reason, except as limited by law.